Mark on Cattle:
- Tattooing: in the left or right ear.
- Branding: on any clearly visible part, excluding the neck.
- Put the brand at any place outside the square.
- The first owner can put the mark on the left hind leg, the second owner can put it on the left shoulder, the third owner can put it on the right hind leg and the fourth owner on the right shoulder.
- Remember: you can suffer financial loss on hides if you mark the valuable areas.
Mark on sheep, goats and pigs:
- The first owner can put the tattoo in the left ear, the second owner in the right ear (refer to figure on the right).
- The letters of the tattoo may not exceed 20mm (width or height).
- The mark can have one, two or three characters.
- You must place the letters next to one another.
Mark on Ostriches;
- Tattoo ostriches younger than six months underneath the left wing.
- Brand ostriches older than six months on the thighs.
- The first owner can put the brand on the outer side of the left thigh and the second owner on the outer side of the right thigh.
- Ostriches are branded according to their age. No ostriches younger than six months may be branded with a hot iron. Ostriches younger than six month may be tattooed.
- The characters of a brand or tattoo may not exceed 25 mm (width of height).
- The brand or tattoo may only have two characters, which must be placed 6 mm from each other.
- Brand characters may be placed next to or below each other.
- Tattoo characters may be placed next to each other.